Libraries for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Vubis Smart has been implemented at a number of libraries for the blind and the visually impaired, including Dedicon in the Netherlands, the Swiss Library for the Blind and the Danish Library for the Blind. Serving large populations of visually impaired users, the libraries for the blind require special functionality to make materials readily available. Vubis Smart now enables these libraries to easily circulate materials to thousands of users while using the latest standards in digitization and material processing.
Solution Highlights for the Libraries for the Bind and Visually Impaired:
- Automated (‘on demand') lending and materials (re)production process
- Support for books, newspapers, magazines and sheet music in audio, Braille, enlarged or digitized reading formats
- Integrated invoicing, catalog management, borrower administration, circulation, rights and service management
- Interoperability with third-party software tools and applications such as Jaws (Braille), RealSpeak (speech software) and SuperNova (screen reader with magnification)
- Integrated customer ‘wish list' including preferences such as titles and genres